Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting offers comprehensive care for women throughout Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum. I maintain a small midwifery and lactation consulting practice that provides personalized and holistic care.
The comprehensive care includes:
- A free pre-conception visit
- A free consultation to meet me, learn what midwifery is all about and let me answer any questions that you may have
During your prenatal-care you can expect the following:
- Initial prenatal visit
- Routine visits
- Every 4 weeks from your initial visit to 28 weeks
- Every 2 weeks from 28 weeks to 36 weeks
- Weekly from 36 weeks to 41 weeks
- Every 2-3 days from 41-42 weeks
- Visits lasting 45-60 minutes
- You are offered the same tests that you would have access to in a physician’s office, such as genetic screening and gestational diabetes
- I provide you with thorough information about each screening and test so that you can make an educated decision based on informed consent
- Ultrasounds will be offered early in your pregnancy, at around 20 weeks and again at around 41 weeks
- Blood draws are done in our office
- Pap smears and infection testing
- Family planning counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- There is a Midwife on call, available to you 24 hours a day, every day of the year
After your baby is born you can expect the following:
- Complete well-child care for your newborn for the first two weeks of life
- Home visits for the first week after birth
- Office visits between 1-4 weeks after birth
- Final office visit between 6-8 weeks after birth
Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting has strong working relationships with obstetricians and perinatologists at our local hospitals. Should a situation arise during your prenatal, birth or postpartum care that increases your risk, I will consult with one of these physicians or transfer your care to one of the local hospitals. If transfer to a physician is needed, my existing relationships with these providers improves the transfer interactions significantly.
Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting is a preferred provider for most insurance companies. Please call the office for any questions regarding your individual plan and I will direct you to our Midwifery billing specialist.
Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting is conveniently located near downtown Bothell at the Country Village.
In addition I serve: Seattle, Shoreline, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Mill Creek, Brier, Kenmore, Lynnwood, Mukilteo, Everett, Lake Stevens, Snohomish, Monroe, Sultan, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Woodinville, Sammamish, Duvall, Carnation, Mercer Island, Renton, SeaTac, Kent, Issaquah, Snoqualmie, North Bend, King County and Snohomish County in Washington, WA.